Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's Raining Pigs & Noodles (Jack Prelutsky and James Stevenson)

(review by Mirjam)
I read this book full of silly poems at a friends house. I knew it would fit with my little friend Mary (9 yrs old) and sent it to her for Christmas last year. She and her family loved it. I read the whole book in one sitting and marked all the pages with my favorite poems. Soon I saw that I marked every other page. Even after a year I still remember the poem dedicated to liverwurst and the virtual chicken.
Ages: 4+

(I am thinking especially of Avery for this book)

1 comment:

cori said...

This was fun! Reminded me of Shel Silverstein but definitely had its own style. My favorite poem was about the old food in the refrigerator...too old to eat, but not old enough to throw away until it grows layers of mold. Silly and fun.